[Mesa-dev] [RFC] - Rewrite mesa website in Sphinx

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Apr 20 19:10:42 UTC 2017

On 04/19/2017 05:23 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 11 April 2017 at 13:10, Jean Hertel <jean.hertel at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Any more thoughts on this?
>>

>> I would really appreciate feedback from more contributors.
>>
> Indeed.
>
> Brian, Eric, others - how do you feel with the Sphinx edition of the site?
> If the current theme feels a bit off there's others available [1].
> Then again, that can be changed/polished at any later stage.

I guess it looks OK to me.  I was looking more closely at Sphinx markup
and it seems pretty simple.

I think we'll want the mesa3d.org website to auto-update when someone
checks in changes to the Sphinx files.  Hopefully, the fd.o admins can
rig that up without too much trouble.

One note: I've always referred to the project as just "Mesa" or "The
Mesa 3-D Graphics Library".  I only used mesa3d.org for the website
because mesa.org was taken.  So I'd suggest replacing the string "Mesa
3D" with one of the others.

Also, could we use a slightly smaller font?  The text seems a bit larger
than necessary.

-Brian