[Mesa-dev] [RFC] - Rewrite mesa website in Sphinx

Jean Hertel jean.hertel at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:56:53 UTC 2017

>On 2017-04-24 12:40, Eric Engestrom wrote:
>
>Sorry I haven't had time to look at this until now.
>
>I just had a look, and besides style that can be tweaked later, I think
>the main issue is that the homepage a visitor lands on when just typing
>'mesa3d.org' should be more than a simple duplicate of the ToC.
>
>The 'recent releases' list we currently have gives at least that
>information, and I would like to keep that until (if) we find something
>else/better.

OK, I've updated the demo site with this.
Please visit: http://mesa2.jeanhertel.com.br

>Another thing, can you please make a (rebasing) branch with a commit per
>file converted, where the old file is deleted and the new created?
>That way, it can be easily verified that the content was correctly
>converted (no information lost; typo fixes and the like are ok) and more
>importantly it makes it obvious at merge time that a file has been
>changed in its html form, and the corresponding change can be made on
>the rst file.

Ok, I've done one commit per file change, see it here: https://github.com/jlHertel/mesa/tree/sphinx-docs

Foot Note: Some changes are still necessary because some specification files
(patents.txt, libGL.txt, features.txt, etc)
need to be exported directly to the output folder.