[Mesa-dev] Allow linear texture allocation for eglCreateDRMImageMESA

Volker Vogelhuber v.vogelhuber at digitalendoscopy.de
Fri Feb 10 08:27:51 UTC 2017

Hi,
I'm currently try to stream video data to an OpenGL texture.
While using the EGL_DRM_BUFFER_USE_SCANOUT_MESA flag
when creating the memory for the texture makes it at least
a bit easier (only X-tiling instead of Y-tiling on my intel GPU), it
is still tricky to compensate the tiling in the shader. I wonder why
there is no export of the __DRI_IMAGE_USE_LINEAR flag for
calling dri2_create_drm_image_mesa. Attached is a patch that
would do that and works so far without any problem (tested with
an AMD G-Series and Intel Bay- and Cherry-Trail).

Regards,
    Volker