[Mesa-dev] V2 GLSL IR & TGSI on-disk shader cache

Timothy Arceri tarceri at itsqueeze.com
Thu Feb 16 22:55:35 UTC 2017

On 17/02/17 01:27, Nicolai Hähnle wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> thank you for the update. I had a look at all the patches now, and
> especially the glsl parts looks basically ready to go. There are only
> minor comments for which I don't need a full resend of the series, and
> an open question on patch 22 where it would be nice to get a proper answer.

Thanks! It's a relief to finally get this stuff reviewed. I'm not really
sure about an authoritative source for patch 22, although I'm happy to
add the group check, I think it makes some sense.

> On 14.02.2017 01:52, Timothy Arceri wrote:
>> Changes in V2:
>>
>> - no longer mess around storing/restoring any pointers
>> - implemented support for compute shaders
>> - dropped some patches only needed by i965 for now
>> - add fallback support for shader source that is changed after its
>> compiledi (piglit test on the list)
>> - simplify cache enable for r600/radeonsi by unconditionally creating
>> the cache in screen_create.
>
> Remind me how each part of the cache can be disabled?

We can't really enable GLSL IR cache by itself (I guess we could enable
tgis but that wouldn't make much sense). The code simply checks id
ctx->Cache != NULL in various locations which means cache is enabled.