[Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] mesa 12.0.5

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 13:01:23 UTC 2017

On 6 December 2016 at 14:55, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce that this release doesn't fix the worst GPU
> hangs/freezes it has. I'm talking about all Gallium drivers here.
> There was a bug recently discovered in shared code that leads to
> random GPU hangs with radeonsi, but all other Gallium drivers are also
> affected in "some negative way", which may include freezes. The fix
> was available prior to 12.0.5, but wasn't applied due to a process
> issue.
>
> It is still the best 12.0.x release, but users and distributions
> wanting better stability for non-Intel drivers should wait for 12.0.6.

As some of you may know, I've mentioned that 12.0.6 will be available
if we get at least a few developers/teams behind it.

Since then people have contacted me, on and off list, speaking
positively about having 12.0.6. As such there I'll be rolling the
release.
Not to mention that Michel went the extra mile with improved/extra
patches on the topic/issue mentioned by Marek.

Thank for the feedback everyone !
Emil