[Mesa-dev] Mesa 13.1.0 release plan

Timothy Arceri timothy.arceri at collabora.com
Thu Jan 12 03:28:39 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 13:19 +0000, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 30 November 2016 at 20:23, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > With holidays not far off, it might be a nice idea to consider the
> > branchpoint/release schedule for the next release.
> >
> > I will be having limited internet access during 20 Dec - 7 Jan,
> > thus
> > the I'm leaning towards following:
> >  Jan 13 2017 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> >  Jan 20 2017 - Release candidate 2
> >  Jan 27 2017 - Release candidate 3
> >  Feb 03 2017 - Release candidate 4/final release
> >

> Friendly reminder that the above schedule is in place, meaning that
> we
> have ~2 days until the feature freeze/branchpoint.
>
> Noticeable work for inclusion:
>  - Etnaviv driver: Looking good and ready for merging.
>  - On-disk shader cache: There's still patches lacking review.

It seems unlikely at this point. The clean-up prep series is almost
fully landed, any takers for reviewing 4 (the big one), 6-9, and 22-25?
[1] fresh rebase in my lastest_cleanups branch.

If those get a review very soon I'll send out a fresh rebase of the 50+
shader cache series and we will see how we go from there.

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/17671/