[Mesa-dev] Mesa (master): st/vdpau: use dri3 to directly send the buffer to X(v2)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Jan 18 14:59:50 UTC 2017

> Christian, I was wondering if removing the rendering hack is right since
> with this vlc will follow the old codepath even with dri3.  Should we revert
> that commit?
No, that VLC tries to use 10bit channels on an 8bit X display is the
problem here.

Even if we fix the X extension to allow that, we would end up with an
extra copy to display the result.

If you make the extra copy on the client side or if you make the extra
copy on the X side doesn't make much difference.

Regards,
Christian.