[Mesa-dev] [AMD] Screen flickering with 4K and RX 480, would be glad to help debugging

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 24 03:58:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 12:43 -0500, Romain Failliot wrote:
> > I can confirm a similar problem. I have the same card and also got
> > a 4K
> > monitor recently. For me I was running a game in windowed mode (F1
> > 2015
> > I think) for a very short amount of time and had some flickering,
> > after
> > I closed the game gnome continued flickering periodically until I
> > rebooted.
> >
> > I'm also running Fedora 25 but was running stock Mesa (13.0) at the
> > time and stock llvm (3.8) and 4.8 Kernel.
> >
> > I haven't bothered trying to reproduce at this stage.
> >

> Always glad to know you're not alone ;)
>
> What is your workaround?

I don't have one. I don't get a chance to actually play games much so
the card is very unused at this point. The bigger issue I'm having is
Wayland is unusable with my 4K monitor/RX480 and since F25 boots to
Wayland login its causing problems. On the 4.8 Kernel I can at least
make out the login screen to select x.org and login, on the 4.9 kernel
it doesn't even boot that far. Again I haven't really had time to look
into the issue further then knowing it happens.