[Mesa-dev] 10bit HEVC decoding for RadeonSI

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Jan 25 14:41:53 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

ok this is completely work in progress and untested except for a compile run.

Most of the stuff necessary should be there for VDPAU, but I'm honestly not sure how to approach VAAPI.

My main problem at the moment is that I can't get mpv/ffmpeg to decode Main10 content using VDPAU and when I try VAAPI it always ends up using NV12.

Peter, Rainer any idea what I'm missing here? Do you guys use some modified ffmpeg for Kodi or how does that work for you?

Cheers,
Christian.