[Mesa-dev] 10bit HEVC decoding for RadeonSI

Peter Frühberger peter.fruehberger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:45:50 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

> Hi guys,
>
> ok this is completely work in progress and untested except for a compile
> run.
>
> Most of the stuff necessary should be there for VDPAU, but I'm honestly
> not sure how to approach VAAPI.
>
> My main problem at the moment is that I can't get mpv/ffmpeg to decode
> Main10 content using VDPAU and when I try VAAPI it always ends up using
> NV12.
>
> Peter, Rainer any idea what I'm missing here? Do you guys use some
> modified ffmpeg for Kodi or how does that work for you?

do you set the format correctly, e.g.:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agile/blob/master/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VAAPI.cpp#L2697
to create the surfaces?

afterwards we just do drm / egl interop, via:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agile/blob/master/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VAAPI.cpp#L1374

You need ffmpeg 3.2.

If you use vaPutSurface it will end up as RGBA32 or something, which is why
we use the above way.

Best regards
Peter

--