[Mesa-dev] [RFC] EGL extension for additional DRM_BUFFER_FORMATs

Nicolai Hähnle nhaehnle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:50:22 UTC 2017

Hi all,

this is mostly motivated by the need to support more screen depths than
just 24/32-bit RGB in Glamor. The extension is simple enough, just adding
three more enums that are accepted.

I _think_ every DRI driver that exposes EGL_MESA_drm_image should be able
to support this new extension as well, since EGL_MESA_drm_image requires
DRI image version 10 to be enabled, and the corresponding
__DRI_IMAGE_FORMAT_* values have been there since DRI image version 5, but
do let me know if that thinking is wrong.

I'd like to land at least the first patch relatively quickly, to avoid future
enum clashes. Internally, we had already accidentally used an enum that is
used by one of the WL extensions, since those are not in the EGL registry...

Please review / provide feedback!

Thanks,
Nicolai