[Mesa-dev] [EGL android: accquire fence implementation] i965: Queue the buffer with a sync fence for Android OS

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 08:46:24 UTC 2017

Quoting Wu, Zhongmin (2017-07-13 09:31:15)
> As for the using of last fence when the batch buffer is empty for create_fence_fd,  I suggest it can be another story and we will try to optimize it in the future...

Note that is a backend problem. If you call a driver interface to create
a fence and it fails to insert a fence into the context timeline, that
is a bug in the driver. As you are were talking about the i965 behaviour
of skipping empty batches, you will note that brw_fence_insert_locked()
ensures that the batch is not empty (and that the drawable is resolved).
-Chris