[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.2.0 release plan

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Thu Jul 20 05:09:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16 July 2017 at 06:35, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
> > n Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> As you may have noticed, for a little while now we've had the release
> >> plan on the mesa3d.org website [1].
> >>
> >> Here is the current tentative schedule.
> >>
> >>  Jul 21 2017 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> >>  Jul 28 2017 - Release candidate 2
> >>  Aug 04 2017 - Release candidate 3
> >>  Aug 11 2017 - Release candidate 4/final release
> >>
> >> This gives us approximately 2 weeks to get new features in.
> >>
> >> As always, please let me know of must have features that you'll like
> >> to merge before the branch point.
> >

> > Here's my wishlist:
> >
> >  1) I'd like to land the rest of Topi's work to convert the i965 driver
> over
> > to ISL.  I really don't want to have a release where it's half old
> miptree
> > code and half ISL.  That's going to make back-porting a real pain.

The depth/stencil bits are basically ready to land and I think Topi will be
sending the color bits later today.

> >  2) I've got a bunch of fixes to the miptree code that are currently WIP
> > that I'd like to see go in.  If they don't make the branch point, I'll
> > probably just CC the lot to stable so it's not a huge deal.

These hit the list today.  I expect topi to review fairly quickly.

> >  3) As many of the new Vulkan extensions as we can land.  But don't block
> > the release on any of those.

I think everything I had any hope of landing here has landed.

> It's a bit lengthy list considering we have a bit less than a week.
>
> I've pushed my Vulkan fixes so you can merge the generator rework.
> I'll try to lend a hand for the rest.

If the branch got delayed by a couple of days to let the miptree churn
land, I wouldn't mind at all.  Otherwise, I think there's a decent chance
we'll be CCing the whole thing to stable because we really don't want 17.2
to be half ISL and half old code.

--Jason