[Mesa-dev] Moving i965 driver to genxml commands and structures

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Fri Mar 3 16:57:13 UTC 2017

Lois-Francis,

Thanks for taking a crack at this!  There are a couple other people (I put
them in the Cc) who have talked about doing this so thank you for sending
the announcement!

My primary request as you dive into this would be that you do things in
such a way that we can have a fairly tight feedback loop.  I think both Ken
and myself have a pretty clear idea of what things should look like when
you're done and I'd like to avoid any chance that you send a 50 patch
series and then get told to go back through the whole thing and make some
mechanical change.

One other comment: look at blorp.  It's already using genxml with the i965
driver although there's a but of an abstraction layer there.  It should
give you a decent idea about how to make a brw_emit() macro by combining
things and removing the abstraction.

--Jason

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com