[Mesa-dev] [RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Fri Mar 17 04:12:38 UTC 2017

quoting jason ekstrand (2017-03-16 19:03:15)
> on march 16, 2017 5:41:24 pm emil velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > and meson is not a thing on neither bsd(s), solaris (and derivatives) nor
> > android :-\
>
> i have trouble bringing myself to care.  the bsds need to stop using 10
> year old compilers.  it can be made to work on solaris and bsd if someone
> bothered to put a little work into it.  besides, given that large chunks of
> gnome are switching they're going to have to make it work some day soon anyway.

I decided to check the ports on my freebsd box, it has meson, in fact:
freebsd: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/meson/
netbsd: http://pkgsrc.se/wip/py-meson
openbsd: http://ports.su/devel/meson

The only OS I couldn't find a package for is openindiana (the clostest thing to
Solaris I could come up with), but there is ninja for Solaris, and meson itself
is pure python installable via pip, so even there it's not impossible.

Dylan