[Mesa-dev] Bug in 17.1.0-rc4 source packaging for swr?

Kai Wasserbäch kai at dev.carbon-project.org
Thu May 18 18:06:17 UTC 2017

Hey,
Emil Velikov wrote on 18.05.2017 18:17:
> On 18 May 2017 at 16:34, Rowley, Timothy O <timothy.o.rowley at intel.com> wrote:
>> We could use a gen_builder.h generated from llvm-3.9 for all current
>> versions of llvm at this time (as the changes are now just llvm IR
>> additions), but I’m not sure how to enforce that the person creating the
>> tarball has a particular version of llvm installed.
>>
> Must admit that I don't know much about LLVM or SWR, so I hope you've
> thoroughly tested LLVM 3.9 generated files built with LLVM 4.0 or
> later.
> Using LLVM 3.9 should be doable, but I'm curious if we can avoid such
> 'acrobatics' in the long run.
>
> Any ideas, if that's at all possible?

how about the SWR maintainers provide a "golden" fallback file, that is
pre-generated and known good for all supported LLVM (right now I would guess
that to be 3.9 and 4.0) versions? That file is always shipped in the tarball.

During build there's a rule, that checks if $generator is there. If not, the
fallback file is copied to the correct name, otherwise the regular generation
takes place.

Cheers,
Kai