[Mesa-dev] Bug in 17.1.0-rc4 source packaging for swr?

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri May 19 12:11:36 UTC 2017

Would it be feasible for packaging purposes to generate multiple headers,
i.e. gen_builder._llvm38.hpp, gen_builder_llvm39.hpp,
gen_builder_llvm40.hpp, etc. and then have gen_builder.hpp be a stub that
just has something like:

#include <llvm.h>
#if llvm_version >= 4.0
#include "gen_builder_llvm40.hpp"
#elif llvm_version >= 3.9
#include "gen_builder_llvm39.hpp"
#elif llvm_version >= 3.8
#include "gen_builder_llvm38.hpp"
#else
#error llvm version >= 3.8 is required
#elif

Using the appropriate version checks of course (this is just pseudo code to
show the concept)

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.