[Mesa-dev] soft fp64 on evergreen

tournier.elie tournier.elie at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:43:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

First of all sorry for the mess in my repo. ;)

On 26 May 2017 at 11:16, Thomas Helland <thomashelland90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Elie,
>>
>> Thanks for the fp64 work.
>>
>> I've pulled the latest branch from your repo and start running piglit
>> on a BARTS (r600g) GPU.
>>
>> I've noticed a few asserts with a debug build in ir_validate, do you
>> test with --enable-debug?
I run the test on my laptop using softpipe. But aboll sent me the test
he run on an r600g.

>> I also notice some really large times in the GLSL->TGSI pass copy
>> propogation on mul/div tests with matrices, tests take a fair while to
>> complete.
>>

> Unrelated to this I have noticed on some profiles when using nvc0
> that the GLSL->TGSI passes are quite painful on compile times.
> Especially copy propagation shows up as a big one.
> Not sure if there is some easy gains to be had here as I haven't
> looked at the pass at all.
The GLSL->TGSI passes is probably slow too but I'm quite sure that my
code doesn't help...

>> Just wondering if you've seen anything like this?
Yes, I saw 5 different assert. All on matrices tests.
I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with that.
mul/add double works correctly so we should be able to compute
matrices. But it's not the case. :(