[Mesa-dev] soft fp64 on evergreen

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon May 29 03:21:30 UTC 2017

>>> I also notice some really large times in the GLSL->TGSI pass copy
>>> propogation on mul/div tests with matrices, tests take a fair while to
>>> complete.
>>>

>> Unrelated to this I have noticed on some profiles when using nvc0
>> that the GLSL->TGSI passes are quite painful on compile times.
>> Especially copy propagation shows up as a big one.
>> Not sure if there is some easy gains to be had here as I haven't
>> looked at the pass at all.
> The GLSL->TGSI passes is probably slow too but I'm quite sure that my
> code doesn't help...

Okay, the main problem with the tgsi passes is the sheer number of temporaries
overwhelms it.

For start st_src/dest_reg has a int16_t for index, on

/home/airlied/devel/piglit/tests/spec/arb_gpu_shader_fp64/execution/vs-increment-dvec.shader_test
we enter this code wantined to use over 32000 temps, if I fix the
int16->int32, the final code seems
to only use about 20 temps.

Dave.