[Mesa-dev] Meson's default build type

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:06:43 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> FWIW, my vote is for debugoptimized: Assertions are enabled and there's
> debugging information useful for bug reports, but performance should be
> decent.

If debugoptimized turns on DEBUG, then I don't think performance will
be decent as that enables paths like nir_validate. Maybe we should
change debugoptimized to not do that. Not sure.

I think some of the messaging got confused -- autotools does specify
-g in the default CFLAGS, but that doesn't really mean it's a useful
debug build. -g -O2 is really a release build, with debugging symbols.