[Mesa-dev] [RFC] r600/evergreen compute shader + glsl 4.30 support

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 12:06:56 UTC 2017

Am Donnerstag, den 30.11.2017, 17:56 +1000 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> On 30 November 2017 at 17:20, Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 30.11.2017, 09:30 +1000 schrieb Dave Airlie:

> > > Does the attached patch help with the lockups at all?
> >
> > no, no changes with the arb_compute_shader tests,
>
> Could you give:
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=r600-wip-cs a spin?
>
> I'm guessing WIP hacks might fix it, but I really want to avoid
> flushing. it might be necessary to reemit a bunch of graphics state.

To compile this I had to switch to LLVM 3.9, because the tree doesn't
compile with LLVM >= 4.0.

Anyway, it fixes all the arb_compute_shader piglits and I by using
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3 I am even able to walk around in a
properly rendered "Alien Isolation" (25-45 FPS, GPU: Radeon 6850 HD,
CPU: FX 6300).

Best,
Gert