[Mesa-dev] Piglit on windows

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Tue Oct 10 15:41:49 UTC 2017

On 10/10/17 16:31, Kyriazis, George wrote:
> Hello…
>
> Piglit on windows prints out a message saying “Timeout are not implemented on Windows.”.  These timeouts are the test timeouts in case a test hangs.
>
> What do people do when running piglit on windows and they hit a timeout?  I would imagine there would be a non-zero number of people running piglit on windows on a regular basis, as a regression tool...
>
> Thank you!
>
> George

I haven't been involved into piglit Windows testing lately, so my
understanding might be dated.

I believe that we have timeouts when we test piglit on Windows. It's not
implemented on piglit python framework itself, but rather on VMware
testing framework (that driver piglit, and a bunch of other tests.)

That said, I believe it would be better long term if piglit framework
had timeouts on Windows, as it can probably track that with finer
granularity than we do now by putting a timeout on whole piglit or
subsets of piglit tests.

python3's subprocess module has timeout options, so it should be
relatively easy to implement on top of it, in a cross-platform manner.

Jose