[Mesa-dev] create src/wsi

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Tue Oct 31 21:07:38 UTC 2017

Quoting Emil Velikov (2017-10-30 10:47:22)
> On 30 October 2017 at 17:05, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:
> > So I think the consensus is this is okay?
> >
> > Emil, is the autotools right here?
> >

> Without a clear separation or cleanup of the the existing code, this
> such move brings no technical benefit.
> If anything, it makes it harder for people [roughly] familiar with
> current setup.
>
> i was wondering if we can nuke wl_drm, but I don't see that happening
> anytime soon :-(
>
> -Emil

How strong is your objection Emil?

My intention is to pull some of the generated files that are shared
between vulkan/wsi/wayland and egl/wayland/wayland-drm. Daniel has said that he
has more generated files that will be shared between them in work he is doing
currently, and putting them in neither EGL or Wayland would make the build
cleaner, and that's the intention of this series.

Dylan