[Mesa-dev] initial meson port

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Sep 28 17:54:18 UTC 2017

Hi,
Sorry for the top-post but the Gmail mobile app no longer believes in
inline quoting.

As for installing newer Meson, that's not strictly needed. As you say,
Meson deliberately doesn't have difficult or changing dependencies. It can
also be run straight from a checkout without mangling $PATH or $PYTHONPATH.
Just specify the full path to meson.py and everything will work from there.
I've been working with Meson like that for a year or so (old Debian
packages and a deep distrust of pip), and it's yet to break on me.

It would even be possible to automate this from an autogen-style script.
Having done the numbers for the Wayland conversion, doing this in-tree
still takes less space than generating all the piles of guff that autogen
creates in your tree.

Cheers,
Daniel