[Mesa-dev] [RFC] - Rewrite mesa website in Sphinx

Laura Ekstrand laura at jlekstrand.net
Thu Apr 5 22:55:20 UTC 2018

So I spoke with Daniel Stone today about the infrastructure.  He estimates
it will be ready to deploy the website in 2-3 weeks, at the most.  So I'd
say the infrastructure will be there when we are ready.

In the new system, our website will be running in its own container managed
by freedesktop's new Gitlab server. So what we need to do for the deploy is:

1.  Fork mesa into a repo on Gitlab.com (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org).
2.  Create a .gitlab-ci.yml file which compiles the website from the files.
(https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/yaml/).

In order to get the files ready, we need to make sure that they are rebased
on top of Mesa master and reviewed.  I started rebasing here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ldeks/mesa?h=website2.  That preserves the
git history well, but if it's not a big deal to everyone else, we could
just rebase Jean's branch.  I don't think much has changed.

Thanks.

Laura