[Mesa-dev] [RFC] - Rewrite mesa website in Sphinx

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Apr 6 09:40:11 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On 5 April 2018 at 23:55, Laura Ekstrand <laura at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
> So I spoke with Daniel Stone today about the infrastructure.  He estimates
> it will be ready to deploy the website in 2-3 weeks, at the most.  So I'd
> say the infrastructure will be there when we are ready.
>
> In the new system, our website will be running in its own container managed
> by freedesktop's new Gitlab server. So what we need to do for the deploy is:

Right. We can't keep stacking random unmanaged bits for every project
into unconfined spaces, not least as it makes upgrades super painful.
What we want to do is use GitLab's CI mechanism to automatically run a
pipeline to generate the static pages, and likely serve them from
GitLab Pages. Having it all done in containers means that you can be
in complete control of the environment without having to block on
admins, and it's also easier for others to reproduce.

> 1.  Fork mesa into a repo on Gitlab.com (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org).

This should be actual gitlab.com for now. I don't have CI enabled on
gitlab.fd.o yet as it's surprisingly difficult to do without exposing
root to everyone. I'm aiming for the next couple of weeks to have this
done. I'll ping this thread when it is up.

Cheers,
Daniel