[Mesa-dev] [RFC] - Rewrite mesa website in Sphinx

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 12:30:16 UTC 2018

On 6 April 2018 at 10:40, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 23:55, Laura Ekstrand <laura at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
>> So I spoke with Daniel Stone today about the infrastructure.  He estimates
>> it will be ready to deploy the website in 2-3 weeks, at the most.  So I'd
>> say the infrastructure will be there when we are ready.
>>
>> In the new system, our website will be running in its own container managed
>> by freedesktop's new Gitlab server. So what we need to do for the deploy is:
>
> Right. We can't keep stacking random unmanaged bits for every project
> into unconfined spaces, not least as it makes upgrades super painful.
> What we want to do is use GitLab's CI mechanism to automatically run a
> pipeline to generate the static pages, and likely serve them from
> GitLab Pages. Having it all done in containers means that you can be
> in complete control of the environment without having to block on
> admins, and it's also easier for others to reproduce.
>
>> 1.  Fork mesa into a repo on Gitlab.com (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org).
>
> This should be actual gitlab.com for now. I don't have CI enabled on
> gitlab.fd.o yet as it's surprisingly difficult to do without exposing
> root to everyone. I'm aiming for the next couple of weeks to have this
> done. I'll ping this thread when it is up.

Thanks for the confirmation and the work Dan.

Some time back I looked how lxc manages its containers w/o root. I
could help out porting that to docker/others.

Laura, others,

As you can see things are not finalised nor official*, yet. Hence why
I would not rush into rewriting the docs/website. Otherwise the work
would be sit in a branch, again :-\

HTH
Emil
* Did anyone mention gitlab to the folks who are not on IRC?