[Mesa-dev] New EGL extension in mesa and 'adriconf' packaging - EVoC'18

Axel Davy davyaxel0 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 18:57:57 UTC 2018

On 8/14/18 4:37 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:

>> If yes, then I think the best approach would be to make a EGL extension based on the two functions, and simply ignore the existing ones, so that backwars-compatibility stays the same.
>>
>> Apart from xdriinfo, driconf and adriconf, I don't think any other application uses those two functions, but in any case I think is better to don't break things.
>>
> EGL extension (or wayland protocol) will address Wayland case. You
> still need something for Xserver or Xwayland - the existing hacks or
> something better.
>
> IIRC Axel had his own project alike driconf - not sure if he used the
> hacky API or not.
>
> HTH
> Emil

Hi,

My driconf clone is hosted here: https://github.com/axeldavy/driCenter

It seems for that part, I adapted glxinfo's code, and that
glXGetProcAddress is only called once for glXCreateContextAttribsARB.

https://github.com/axeldavy/driCenter/blob/master/CardDetection/driCenterDete/glx_info.c

Yours,

Axel Davy