[Mesa-dev] INTEL_map_texture on i915/i965

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Thu Aug 16 18:02:43 UTC 2018

My recollection is that we never implemented this because it required
linear textures instead of tiled textures.  In every speed test we did,
the read performance of tiled textures was so much better than the read
performance of linear textures that it seemed unlikely to be a benefit.
Instead, we chose to spend time making our regular texture upload paths
more performant.