[Mesa-dev] INTEL_map_texture on i915/i965

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Fri Aug 17 00:50:09 UTC 2018

If that's true then the extension makes no sense other than maybe "we're a
UMA, we can make things cheap." I think it's more likely that the intention
is to use a fenced map through the GTT to do the detiling. That said, given
how sketchy GTT maps are, it's still a pretty questionable extension at
best and something we don't want to commit to going forward.

--Jason