[Mesa-dev] INTEL_map_texture on i915/i965

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 03:39:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 5:50 PM Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
> If that's true then the extension makes no sense other than maybe "we're a
> UMA, we can make things cheap." I think it's more likely that the intention
> is to use a fenced map through the GTT to do the detiling. That said, given
> how sketchy GTT maps are, it's still a pretty questionable extension at
> best and something we don't want to commit to going forward.

Why are you speculating about it instead of just reading the extension?

https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/extensions/INTEL/INTEL_map_texture.txt

    This extension allows to create textures with 'linear' layout which allows
    for simplified access on user side (potentially sacrificing some
    performance during texture sampling).