[Mesa-dev] last call for autotools

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:12:35 UTC 2018

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 23:11, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:

> Meson 0.49.0 has been out for a couple of days now, and I'd like to make the
> final call for autotools. My patch is so massive that it's a huge pain to send
> to the list, the latest versions is here:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbaker/mesa/commits/delete-autotools

Can you split this up a bit? I'm mostly conserved about a couple of things:
- we're loosing multiple testing permutations with Travis - there's no
meson equivalent
- needed/missing bits are impossible to spot as-is

Personally, I'd do something like:
 - move .travis autotools permutations to meson
 - docs changes
 - rm Makefile{.*,}.am autogen.sh and configure.ac
 - rm Makefile.sources
 - .gitignore

git reset and git checkout --patch should make the above split a 5 min job ;-)

Thanks
Emil