[Mesa-dev] last call for autotools

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Dec 11 18:18:06 UTC 2018

Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 23:11, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:
>>
>> Meson 0.49.0 has been out for a couple of days now, and I'd like to make the
>> final call for autotools. My patch is so massive that it's a huge pain to send
>> to the list, the latest versions is here:
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbaker/mesa/commits/delete-autotools
>>
> Can you split this up a bit? I'm mostly conserved about a couple of things:
> - we're loosing multiple testing permutations with Travis - there's no
> meson equivalent
> - needed/missing bits are impossible to spot as-is
>
> Personally, I'd do something like:
>  - move .travis autotools permutations to meson
>  - docs changes
>  - rm Makefile{.*,}.am autogen.sh and configure.ac
>  - rm Makefile.sources
>  - .gitignore

I don't think we should block on anything related to travis at this
point.  I wrote it initially hoping it would let us prevent build
breakages.  Instead, whenever I try to use travis to prevent build
breakage, I find that travis has already been broken for a while.

The CI needs to be integrated with our actual repository host, or it
doesn't work.  We should just delete .travis.yml and push the gitlab
stuff forward instead.