[Mesa-dev] last call for autotools

Kai Wasserbäch kai at dev.carbon-project.org
Mon Dec 17 15:48:38 UTC 2018

Hey Dylan,
Dylan Baker wrote on 11.12.18 00:10:
> Meson 0.49.0 has been out for a couple of days now, and I'd like to make the
> final call for autotools. My patch is so massive that it's a huge pain to send
> to the list, the latest versions is here:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbaker/mesa/commits/delete-autotools

I've switched to building with meson now and everything seems to work for my
environment, including the usage of a particular LLVM version.

I've noticed, that Debian carries the changes from
<https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/53503/> as local patches. It would
probably be good, if those patches land before autotools support is nuked.

Also: meson complains that deprecated features are used:
 - DEPRECATION: Project targetting '>= 0.45' but tried to use feature deprecated
since '0.48.0': python3 module
 - DEPRECATION: build_always is deprecated. Combine build_by_default and
build_always_stale instead.

Can these be fixed before making meson mandatory? Or are they completely
harmless and won't break builds?

This leaves me with a feature request: the autotools build generated a
configuration summary at the end, which is helpful in checking if changes to the
configuration in my debian/rules file are actually propagated to the build or if
something went wrong. Could the meson build provide such a summary as well?

Cheers,
Kai