[Mesa-dev] How to know which exact llvm version to build/link against?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Feb 7 09:37:41 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-07 10:16 AM, Andrew A. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I often pull down the latest mesa from the git repo and find that I
> have to muck around with building several different llvm versions
> before I find one that mesa will successfully build/link against.
>
> For any given mesa git revision, how can I find out which llvm version
> it should be built and linked against?

Any recent release of LLVM should work. With LLVM SVN, only a current
snapshot of that can be expected to work for a current snapshot of Mesa
Git master at any time, because LLVM doesn't provide any C++ API
stability between releases. For a non-current snapshot of Mesa Git
master, one may have to find an LLVM SVN snapshot from around the same time.