[Mesa-dev] i915/swrast vertex array regression

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 23 14:48:23 UTC 2018

Hi Mathias,

I noticed a while back that xonotic had started to misrender the gun
models on i915. Yesterday I bisected it down to commit 64d2a2048054
("mesa: Make gl_vertex_array contain pointers to first order VAO
members."). Actually that commit broke things even worse (and the
game would even crash after a while), but a later commit (presumably
98f35ad63c23 ("vbo: Correctly handle source arrays in vbo_split_copy.")
fixed things a little bit. But even with current master the guns are
still being misrendered. I also verified that the same breakage was
visible with swrast, whereas llvmpipe and i965 seemed ok.

To reproduce you can run 'xonotic-glx -benchmark demos/the-big-keybench.dem'
and wait until the guy picks up the mortar (I think that's what its
called) which is maybe the third gun he picks up in that demo. The gun
is supposed to have some red color on it but now it has green.

It looked like there's already a bunch of stuff piled on top of the
regression so reverting didn't seem entirely trivial, and thus I didn't
bother trying.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel