[Mesa-dev] Mesa 18.2.0 release plan
agomez at igalia.com
Tue Jul 31 12:35:00 UTC 2018
Given the current patches and the talk I had yesterday in IRC with
Daniel and Eric it seems best case scenario is that we could only have
the 3 first patches from:
Landing before branching point. Not the 4/5 and 5/5 nor, it seems:
I could delay for a bit the branching but it seems like these patches
are going to need some more time so I think I will keep the schedule as
Let me know if I can do something else.
PS: If you would like to talk directly to me, I hang out at freenode's
IRC as "tanty". You can find me in the #dri-devel room, for example.
On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 16:42 +0200, Mario Kleiner wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
> the improved color depth 30 rendering support for nouveau is imho
> ready for merging since about a month:
> The patch series submitted at 2018-06-13, and the single patch
> "loader_dri3: Handle mismatched depth 30 formats for Prime
> renderoffload." from 2018-06-04.
> All patches have been successfully tested by myself on various
> permuations of intel/amd/nvidia hardware and prime combo's of
> intel+nvidia, amd+nvidia and nvidia+amd under wayland-weston and x11.
> All review comments have been addressed.
> Patch [4/5] egl/wayland: Allow client->server format conversion for
> PRIME offload. (v2)
> Patch [5/5] egl/wayland-drm: Only announce formats via wl_drm which
> the driver supports.
> Patch loader_dri3: Handle mismatched depth 30 formats for Prime renderoffload.
> still need r-b's, although 4/5 got some review from Eric Engestroem,
> but no r-b tag so far.
> The remaining patches should be straightforward to review, and the
> loader_dri3 patch is essentially the same as the already reviewed
> [3/5], just applied to x11+prime instead of x11+eglCreateImage().
> Cc'ing some people who are somewhat familiar with the patches already.
> It would be good to get these merged for 18.2 before some changes in
> Mesa break them again, given that they involve a lot of time intense
> manual and tedious testing on lots of combos whenever i need to touch
> them again. Also, more work to do on the x-server, weston, side, but
> that needs a new baseline in Mesa before it makes sense for me to pile
> on more work.
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 12:55 AM, Andres Gomez <agomez at igalia.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Here is the tentative release plan for 18.2.0.
> > Although the initial plan was to have the first release candidate by
> > the end of this week, a slip of mind in my side on sending this plan is
> > shifting the current schedule at mesa3d.org. We'll update the release
> > schedule there soon.
> > Aug 01 2018 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> > Aug 08 2018 - Release candidate 2
> > Aug 15 2018 - Release candidate 3
> > Aug 22 2018 - Release candidate 4/final release
> > This gives us approximately two weeks until the branch point.
> > Note: In the spririt of keeping things clearer and more transparent, we
> > will be keeping track of any features planned for the release in
> > Bugzilla .
> > Do add a separate "Depends on" for each work you have planned.
> > Alternatively you can reply to this email and I'll add them for you.
> >  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106156
> > --
> > Br,
> > Andres
> > _______________________________________________
> > mesa-dev mailing list
> > mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org
> > https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev
More information about the mesa-dev