[Mesa-dev] GitLab personal repos

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 17:10:44 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> This is for those of you who wish to have your personal mesa repo on gitlab.
> If you want to keep it on people.freedesktop.org and use cgit, you are more
> than welcome to continue doing so for the foreseeable future and you can
> ignore this e-mail.  For those who want to use gitlab, read on...
>
> I strongly recommend that, if you have a personal mesa repo on GitLab, you
> make it an official fork of the mesa master repo that we will be creating
> soon.  There are a couple of reasons for this:
>
>  1) Forks share objects behind the user's back so it should use
> significantly less space on the GitLab server if everyone's personal mesa
> repo is an actual GitLab fork and not a bare repo that they pushed.

kinda on the topic, but not directly related to mesa.. at least a few
of us have private kernel trees on p.fd.o, and kernel git trees are
*much* bigger.  Will there be (or is there already) a gitlab kernel
tree that we could recreate our private kernel trees from, to share
objects?

I guess since it is mostly stuff that feeds into drm-next, maybe
Dave's drm-next tree should move to gitlab, and then others fork off
of that?

BR,
-R