[Mesa-dev] RFC about anv change that should be applicable to radv

Mauro Rossi issor.oruam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:32:10 UTC 2018

+Samuel Pitoiset

> Hi Bas,
>
> commit [1] removed a check  on 'supported' attribute in
> src/intel/vulkan/anv_entrypoints_gen.py
>
> Should the check on 'supported' attribute be removed also in
> src/amd/vulkan/radv_entrypoints_gen.py ?
>
> Thanks for your feedback
> Mauro
>
> [1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=
> 63525ba730e3d8a466d7f6382a2b91f4c75dd171

Hi Sam, Bas,

there is an important matter regarding Android builds (android-x86)

I have a series of patches for Android makefiles to build radv for that
platform,
they are building but they require the change in
src/amd/vulkan/radv_entrypoints_gen.py
to have the necessary entrypoints and vulkan apps starting to work.

What I forgot to say is that I have the Android building rules ready to
submit to mesa-dev,
but they require to build libLLVM with a different name e.g libLLVM60 or
libLLVM_mesa and set the correct HAVE_LLVM properly

The patches themselves would break the Android build for Intel, because amd
tree is built unconditionally,
but the libLLVM"for mesa" shared library is not in place in AOSP, Intel
builds and not even in android-x86 oreo,

so I wanted to start discussing about how to integrate ravd for Android in
a way that does not break other drivers builds,
if there are other interested users.

Mauro