[Mesa-dev] PATH(s) to run Firefox with different Mesa versions

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:27:39 UTC 2018

On 6 March 2018 at 12:57, Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2018, 13:10 +0100 schrieb Germano Massullo:
>> >
>> > You will also need to set LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH
>>
>> Maybe it is a typo? I already mentioned LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH in my
>> message
> Sorry I kind of mixed that up, you should also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> use the mesa libraries related to the drivers. This will probably do:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH= \
> /home/user/mesa-dri-drivers-18.0.0-0.1.rc4.fc27.x86_64/usr/lib64

A few things that come to mind:

a) A 32/64 bit issue

For example: one is pointing to 32bit binaries, while 64bit ones are
needed, or vice-versa.

Have _both_ present and use $LIB. The variable will expand accordingly
- be that lib, lib32, lib64, lib/x86_64-linux-gnu or other

b) Missing/wrong dependency - libstdc++, llvm, other
The debug hints below will help here.

Note that the issue (one here or bugzilla) can be in either the
frontend libraries or the backend DRI driver.

* For normal libraries - libGL/libEGL/libglapi, libgbm
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/chroot/usr/$LIB/
to debug
LD_DEBUG=libs

* For the backend DRI module - foo_dri.so
LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/some/chroot/usr/$LIB/dri
to debug
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose

I'd start with setting all of the above and getting things to run.
Next step is to track if it's a frontend or backend issue.

Note: ensure that the configure/build options haven't changed. Or
check that that their change isn't causing the bugzilla issue.

HTH
Emil