[Mesa-dev] Few issues with Meson

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Fri Mar 9 16:37:30 UTC 2018

Quoting Mike Lothian (2018-03-06 05:07:34)
> Hi
>
> When compiling wine I also noticed that the d3d.pc files didn't have moduledir
> set, so wine couldn't find it
>
> configure: error: pkg-config couldn't find Gallium Nine module

I've sent a patch for this.

> Regards
>
> Mike
>
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 at 02:17 Mike Lothian <mike at fireburn.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     I've been trying to get a Gentoo ebuild ready for meson
>
>     I've had to fudge the llvm-config for cross compiling a 32bit mesa on
>     a 64bit machine

If you're using a new enough meson (0.45) you can specify the llvm-config you
want to use in the cross file.

>     I notice that -Dvulkan-drivers= doesn't accept intel,radeon like
>     autotools used to, it also seems as long as one value is correct the
>     other is ignored

we're using amd instead of radeon. After 18.0 branches I want to bump the meson
requirement so we can use meson's list argument type, which will check for such
problems.

>     Also -Dva-libs-path= doesn't play well with absolute paths, or rather
>     install_megadrivers.py is doing something strange - normally gentoo
>     installs everything to a temporary image path then puts those files
>     into the live system. It seems install_megadrivers.py doesn't do this
>     and installs directly to the live system - I worked around it by
>     dropping the /usr

There's a patch from someone in FreeBSD that might fix this (the way we do
symlinking in install_megadrivers is wrong).

Sorry it took me so long to find this email, notmuch applied some odd tags to
it.

Dylan