[Mesa-dev] Lets talk about autotools

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Wed Sep 19 16:20:42 UTC 2018

Quoting Ilia Mirkin (2018-09-17 17:56:15)
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:
> > I feel like for !windows meson is in good enough shape at this point that we
> > can start having the discussion about deleting the autotools build. So, is there
> > anything left that autotools can do that meson cannot (that we actually want to
> > implement)? And, what is a reasonable time-table to remove the autotools build?
> > I think we could reasonably remove it as soon as 18.3 if others felt confident
> > that it would work for them.
>
> I remember there was a particularly egregious failure mode for meson
> where running "meson configure help" would fail if any of the
> dependencies were missing for whatever the default was. Has that been
> resolved?

Do you mean `meson configure --help`? That doesn't run any of the options from
the local build, it just shows the meson global options.

`meson configure $builddir` does run the config script, at least with 0.47.2
this works fine even with a missing dependency (I set gallium-omx to tizonia and
it works).

Dylan