[Mesa-dev] Move adriconf to mesa repositories

Jean Hertel jean.hertel at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 20:55:56 UTC 2019

Hi Rob,

As we have spoken already in the past, I have the intention to move adriconf under the mesa project umbrella, as an official tool for configuring DRI options.
I would like to ask your advice, as well as other mesa developers, on how to properly do this. (If people is willing to accept it)
So far the questions I have are:

- What is the proccess to become an official mesa tool?
- Do I need any approval? Like from other mesa developers or X.Org Foundation?
- In this proccess, can we rename the adriconf to use a proper mesa namespace? Right now it is named as br.com.jeanhertel.adriconf which is quite weird, as the intention is not to be a comercial tool. See [Flathub][1].
- Also, what about gitlab? If we move, can we use it? I already know the tool and would really appreciate using it.
- Is there anyone else willing to have commit rights on it? I known the project is public, but I feel it would be nice to have someone else also with commit/admin rights in case I'm hit by a bus :)
- What about GSOC? On the X.Org [page][2] there is still a driconf replacement idea. If we move, can we replace this with some adriconf improvement ideas?

Kind Regards,
Jean Hertel

[1]: https://flathub.org/apps/details/br.com.jeanhertel.adriconf
[2]: https://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas/