[Mesa-dev] Move adriconf to mesa repositories

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 23:19:21 UTC 2019

+daniels

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:55 PM Jean Hertel <jean.hertel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> As we have spoken already in the past, I have the intention to move adriconf under the mesa project umbrella, as an official tool for configuring DRI options.
> I would like to ask your advice, as well as other mesa developers, on how to properly do this. (If people is willing to accept it)
> So far the questions I have are:
>
> - What is the proccess to become an official mesa tool?

Maybe a gitlab ticket?  Or ping daniels and ask?

> - Do I need any approval? Like from other mesa developers or X.Org Foundation?

No approval from X.Org foundation or anything like that.. maybe some
general consensus among mesa dev's (or at least a few others who think
it is a good idea).  For the record, I think living under
gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/adriconf makes sense.

> - In this proccess, can we rename the adriconf to use a proper mesa namespace? Right now it is named as br.com.jeanhertel.adriconf which is quite weird, as the intention is not to be a comercial tool. See [Flathub][1].

I guess you are referring to what it is called in flathub?  I guess
that would make more sense.

> - Also, what about gitlab? If we move, can we use it? I already know the tool and would really appreciate using it.

Yes, I don't think the fd.o admin's are creating new non-gitlab projects.

> - Is there anyone else willing to have commit rights on it? I known the project is public, but I feel it would be nice to have someone else also with commit/admin rights in case I'm hit by a bus :)

Hmm, I guess it is possible to set it up so anyone with mesa commit
rights would have adriconf commit rights.  But afaiu gitlab is
somewhat flexible on groups so we could I guess do something more fine
grained.

> - What about GSOC? On the X.Org [page][2] there is still a driconf replacement idea. If we move, can we replace this with some adriconf improvement ideas?

Actually either way we should update the wiki page.  I think you
should be able to create an account and make updates?

BR,
-R