[Mesa-dev] Move adriconf to mesa repositories

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Apr 2 08:29:47 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 00:19, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:55 PM Jean Hertel <jean.hertel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > As we have spoken already in the past, I have the intention to move adriconf under the mesa project umbrella, as an official tool for configuring DRI options.
> > I would like to ask your advice, as well as other mesa developers, on how to properly do this. (If people is willing to accept it)
> > So far the questions I have are:
> >
> > - What is the proccess to become an official mesa tool?
>
> Maybe a gitlab ticket?  Or ping daniels and ask?
>
> > - Do I need any approval? Like from other mesa developers or X.Org Foundation?
>
> No approval from X.Org foundation or anything like that.. maybe some
> general consensus among mesa dev's (or at least a few others who think
> it is a good idea).  For the record, I think living under
> gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/adriconf makes sense.

Right. As long as Mesa people agree then any project owner can just go
ahead and create the owner in Mesa themselves; no need for admins to
do anything.

> > - Also, what about gitlab? If we move, can we use it? I already know the tool and would really appreciate using it.
>
> Yes, I don't think the fd.o admin's are creating new non-gitlab projects.

Absolutely correct.

> > - Is there anyone else willing to have commit rights on it? I known the project is public, but I feel it would be nice to have someone else also with commit/admin rights in case I'm hit by a bus :)
>
> Hmm, I guess it is possible to set it up so anyone with mesa commit
> rights would have adriconf commit rights.  But afaiu gitlab is
> somewhat flexible on groups so we could I guess do something more fine
> grained.

It's quite fine-grained, yes. It inherits the permissions of the Mesa
group, so anyone who has permission to Mesa can commit to it. You can
also add committers specifically to the adriconf project, so they can
only commit to that. Again this doesn't need admin intervention, you
can just go ahead and do it yourself.

Cheers,
Daniel