[Mesa-dev] Querying Vulkan driver Options

Jean Hertel jean.hertel at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 14:04:09 UTC 2019

Dear Mesa developers,

I'm looking into further improving adriconf[1] as a tool to configure mesa driver options.
Vulkan mesa drivers can now read their configuration options from the .drirc configuration file.
With this in mind I have the following question to mesa developers:

- Are Vulkan drivers using the same options as their OpenGL drivers?
  eg: Does Intel ANV uses the same options as i965?

- In case the options are different (which is quite likely), how do we query the available options?
For OpenGL we have glXGetScreenDriver/glXGetDriverConfig
For EGL we have eglGetDisplayDriverName/eglGetDisplayDriverConfig [2]
What about Vulkan? How can we query such options?

Kind regards,
Jean Hertel

[1]: https://github.com/jlHertel/adriconf
[2]: https://www.khronos.org/registry/EGL/extensions/MESA/EGL_MESA_query_driver.txt