[Mesa-dev] Running the CI pipeline on personal Mesa branches

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 03:50:06 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 2:27 AM Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> On 2019-12-07 12:56 a.m., Rob Clark wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if there was some way to setup some conservative
> > filters to exclude groups of tests, ie. if only paths changed were
> > under src/freedreno or src/gallium/drivers/freedreno, then no need to
> > run panfrost CI, and visa versa.  We probably shouldn't try to fine
> > tune that *too* much at this risk of skipping tests that should have
> > run, but seems like there should be same safe low hanging fruit to cut
> > down on CI runs in common cases.
>
> Lots of people suggest something like this, but most of them probably
> imagine it to be easier than it actually is. :)
>
> See https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/merge_requests/2569 .

yeah, it does seem like it is more complex than it sounds.. I'm glad
to see there is some work on that.  There are a lot more CI jobs that
I'd *like* to be able to run (maybe some can be scheduled jobs rather
than per-MR).. for example modern adreno can be both an IMR and a
tiler, so we really have two different render paths which could have
their own bugs.. I'd love to be able to test both forcing tiling and
sysmem render paths..  maybe don't have to happen on every MR, but
freeing up CI runner bandwidth to run additional tests seems useful.

BR,
-R