[Mesa-dev] Is it time to stop using the mailing list for patch review?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Dec 11 17:24:18 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-11 5:47 p.m., Brian Paul wrote:

> I've had little time for Mesa work the past 18 months.

That makes me sad, I hope you'll have more time again in the future.

> 1. I don't think the mesa-dev list should be shut down nor purged from
> the documentation.

Yeah, I don't think anybody seriously suggested the list should be shut
down, just that GitLab is now preferred for patch submission & review.

> Someone mentioned hardly reading the mailing list anymore.  I still
> haven't gotten into the habit of monitoring the MRs page...

Instead of monitoring a web page, I recommend setting up notifications
via the bell icon on https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa [0]. If
you select "Custom", you can select in detail which events you want to
get notification e-mails for. Check "New merge request" to get an e-mail
for each new MR created. Then you can either enable notifications for
other MR events here as well, or enable all notifications for MRs you're
interested in using the "Notifications" switch in the right hand panel
on each MR's page.

GitLab notification e-mails contain X-Gitlab-* headers for easy filtering.

[0] Or for the whole Mesa group, if you prefer.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com