[Mesa-dev] Requiring a full author name when contributing to mesa?

Timothy Arceri tarceri at itsqueeze.com
Wed Dec 11 22:27:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

So it seems lately we have been increasingly merging patches with made
up names, or single names etc [1]. The latest submitted patch has the
name Icecream95. This seems wrong to me from a point of keeping up the
integrity of the project. I'm not a legal expert but it doesn't seem
ideal to be amassing commits with these type of author tags from that
point of view either.

Is it just me or do others agree we should at least require a proper
name on the commits (as fake as that may be also)? Seems like a low bar
to me.

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/merge_requests/3050#note_361924