[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/6] Enable fp16 visuals and fbconfigs

Strasser, Kevin kevin.strasser at intel.com
Mon Jan 7 16:25:27 UTC 2019

On 1/7/19 8:44 AM, Tapani Pälli wrote:
> > On 1/4/19 11:56 PM, Kevin Strasser wrote:
> >> While I have run this series against Piglit, I still need to sort out
> >> test coverage for these formats. If anyone has pointers to existing
> >> tests that would be really helpful.
> >
> > dEQP (EGL module) has set of 'wide color' tests that also cover
> > 1010102 and fp16.
>
> Having said that, it's not really a 'complete test' but at least something to
> start with.

Right, I'm familiar with that test, looks to just check if the config gets
exposed or not. I was hoping to find some tests that were more rigorously
testing 10 bit configs that I would be able to extend for fp16. So far I
haven't found much between piglit and dEQP, but I'm still looking.

> Does kernel already support fp16?

I have a series that enables fp16 for ICL+ [1], and Ville has patches that can
support platforms prior to that. I still need to rework my series with the
review feedback I got.. mostly concerned with getting userspace ready before
trying to land that.

Thanks,
Kevin

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/53213/